If you are an azalea lover and adore shades of white, red, and pink, there’s an azalea for you. Azalea Conversation Piece features large blooms in an array of shades from white to deep fuchsia, pale pink, and light cream, and flowers dependably in the spring with a lighter flush in the late summer/early fall. And don’t overlook those dark green leaves—they remain on the shrub long after the blooms have faded, giving life and structure to the winter garden. The dwarf size lends itself well to small gardens, container plantings, low borders, and mass plantings in the woodland garden. Simply give Conversation Piece what it needs with acidic, well-drained soil, late winter/early spring fertilizing, and regular watering, and be prepared to fall in love with this unusual and charming azalea.
Features & Benefits
- Pink, red, and white blooms
- Spring bloom time with repeat bloom in late summer/fall
- Dark green evergreen foliage for 12-month interest
- Dwarf size is ideal for smaller gardens and container gardens, borders, or mass planting in woodland gardens
- Moderate growth rate
- Cold hardy, heat tolerant, and disease-resistant
- Pollinator magnet
Care & Space
- Plant in partial sun to dappled shade
- Plant Height: 2–3’
- Plant Width: 2–3’
- Growth Habit: Nicely rounded shape
- Plant in acidic, well-drained soil and water consistently as plant is getting established. Fertilize with a balanced slow-release fertilizer in late winter or early spring. Lightly prune after blooming is complete.
- USDA Zones 6a–9b