Gumpo Pink is the perfect azalea for warmer climate gardeners who want a dose of soft pink and shorter growth in their landscape. The light rosy petals feature ruffled edges for added charm as well as evergreen foliage that shines in the winter garden. The true dwarf size makes it invaluable in smaller gardens, container plantings, borders, and mass plantings. Because it’s suited for warmer growing zones, you may need to give it a little extra water during extremely hot or dry spells, but the late spring flower show is well worth that extra effort! The rest of its care is similar to most other azaleas—acidic, well-drained soil and late winter/early spring fertilizer. Cover those needs and a year-round display of bright color and dependable structure are yours.
Features & Benefits
- Light pink ruffled blooms
- Late spring bloom
- Dark green evergreen foliage for 12-month interest
- Dwarf size is ideal for smaller gardens and container gardens, borders, or mass planting in woodland gardens
- Moderate growth rate
- Heat tolerant and disease-resistant
- Pollinator magnet
Care & Space
- Plant in partial sun to dappled shade
- Plant Height: 2’
- Plant Width: 3’
- Growth Habit: Nicely rounded shape
- Plant in acidic, well-drained soil and water consistently as plant is getting established. Fertilize with a balanced slow-release fertilizer in late winter or early spring. Lightly prune after blooming is complete.
- USDA Zones 7–9