$28.98 – $228.98
This lovely crape myrtle has all of the low maintenance features you love in crape myrtles including drought tolerance, deer resistance, bright blooms, and textural winter bark once the leaves have fallen. Natchez is a particularly lovely variety with pure white flowers that blend beautifully with any other plant or flower color in the garden. It’s perfectly balanced 20’ x 20’ size creates a memorable accent or focal point without overtaking its surroundings. Plant it in front of larger evergreens and behind all your seasonal color for a striking combination, and don’t forget to give it some extra watering during one of our recurring drought periods! Although it’s quite drought tolerant once established, it’ll bloom much more vigorously if treated nicely during extreme heat conditions — but don’t be tempted to over-fertilize! Soil that is too rich and fertile will lead to Natchez producing lots of leaves but fewer flowers.
Features & Benefits
- Glossy dark green leaves turn bright orange-red in the fall
- Brilliant pure white blooms all summer long
- Cinnamon brown bark that shines in the winter
- Ideal as an accent or focal point, or in a small grouping
- Deer resistant
- Low maintenance and drought tolerant
Care & Space
- Full sun
- Plant Height: 30’
- Plant Width: 25’
- Requires average, well-drained soil; drought tolerant once established.
- Growth habit: Nicely rounded shape with a medium growth rate
- USDA Zones 6–9