$49.98 – $399.98
If you love redbuds, you are going to fall head over heels for redbud ‘Merlot’! Not only do you get to enjoy the signature lavender-pink blooms in the spring, but this variety also has gorgeous heart-shaped dark purple leaves. The combination of flowers and foliage makes this redbud a real standout plant in any landscape. A hybrid between redbud ‘Forest Pansy’ and Texas redbud, you get the best of hybrid looks with Texas native plant toughness! ‘Merlot’ can handle the Texas heat as it grows to a height and width of 12-15’, making it the perfect size to tuck into foundation beds, or feature as a focal specimen plant. Plant in groups to anchor your landscape or create a showy backdrop.
Features & Benefits
- Features vibrant lavender-pink spring blooms
- Gorgeous dark purple leaves.
- Lovely weeping habit that offers winter interest.
- Glossy, leathery leaves allow this tree to stand up to more heat & drought.
- No pruning needed – allow ‘Merlot’ to grow in its graceful form.
- Excellent as a specimen planting or focal point in your garden.
Care & Space
- Can tolerant heat & drought – in extreme drought, provide additional irrigation.
- Plant in full sun to part shade, in well-draining, rich soil.
- Plant Height: 12-15’
- Plant Width: 12-15’
- USDA Zones 6-9