$55.98 – $649.98
This four-season beauty is prized for its dramatic springtime flower show and attractive leaves that turn bright red in the fall. When the leaves drop at the end of the season, it’s time to appreciate the beautiful branch structure and textured bark. And while they’re pretty adaptable to a wide range of soil types, they require the soil to be well-drained but moist to avoid the shallow roots drying out. Because of its naturally rounded shape, you won’t need to prune very often, but aim for late fall or winter if you decide to lightly shape it. This versatile tree is at home in smaller gardens or larger properties as long as you give it space for good air circulation, and its low-maintenance ways and delightful season-spanning beauty make it a favorite tree for many gardeners.
Features & Benefits
- White spring blooms with occasional shades of pink or red
- Curled green leaves in summer
- Brilliant red fall foliage
- Textured bark in the winter
- Smaller ornamental tree for all sizes of landscapes
- Bird- and pollinator-friendly
- Ideal as a focal point, a screening plant, or in front of evergreens to soften the look
Care & Space
- Full sun to partial shade
- Plant Height: 15–30’
- Plant Width: 15–20’
- Prefers well-drained soil with moderate moisture
- Morning sun and afternoon shade is ideal when planted further south. Ensure proper air
circulation by allowing space between the tree and any surrounding plants or structure.
- Growth habit: Lovely rounded shape with horizontal growth on lower branches and upright
growth on upper branches.
- USDA Zones 5–9