$74.98 – $1,022.98
Love big Southern Magnolias but don’t have the space they require? Dwarf magnolia ‘Little Gem’ is everything you are looking for in a smaller package! ‘Little Gem’ offers up big looks and style for smaller spaces. ‘Little Gem’ grows to a mature size of about 25-feet tall and 10-15 feet wide; but it still sports the classic large white flowers you expect from a larger magnolia tree. It makes the perfect blooming specimen tree for smaller landscapes. Plants even make an excellent evergreen privacy screen when planted in groups or rows. Place as large focal feature plants in large outdoor containers on large decks or patios, or commercial spaces. ‘Little Gem’ is often pruned up as standards, but you can leave plants un-pruned for natural branching at ground level. You can even train this dwarf magnolia as a sophisticated Espalier on large walls or fences.
Features & Benefits
- Evergreen, deep green foliage with bronze reverse.
- Famed for its large, showy, fragrant white flowers in spring/summer.
- Excellent for use as a specimen tree or screen.
- Slow growing, upright tree or multi-stemmed shrub.
Care & Space
- Plant in full sun to part shade.
- Requires well-draining, moist, fertile soil.
- Plant Height: 15-20’
- Plant Width: 7-10’
- USDA Zones 6-10
- Needs regular watering, especially during extreme heat.